This page includes my favorites of ALL the things. From Books, Kitchen Gadgets, biofeedback tools, and more books! I’ve included links to their Amazon purchase site in case any really catch your eye.
Please note that some of these links are affiliated. That means if you purchase through the link provided I receive a small commission. It’s these small commissions that allow this blog to be alive and kicking! Here at Wholly Healed, I only ever and will ever recommend products I have used and loved myself, as well as recommend to my clients, friends, and family. I’m a big believer in transparency, so If you’d like to learn more about how this whole affiliate thing works, go here. Happy Browsing!
These are a list of supplements that I recommend, use myself, and encourage exploration for. I list what they are used for and include my favorite brands.
- Zinc– immunity and skin health. Garden of Life Raw Zinc or Thorne research Zinc Picolinate
- Vitamin D3– immunity, blood sugar regulation, hormonal balance. Thorne Research Vitamin D3/k2 drops or Now Foods Vitamin D3/k2 liposomal spray
- Womens Multivitamin– cover your bases for general health and wellbeing. I use a whole foods form like Garden of Life Womens Multi.
- Probiotics– gut health. Primal Probiotics or Garden of Life Womens Probiotics
- Magnesium Glycinate– anxiety, mental health, and PMS. aSquared Nutrition chelated Magnesium Glycinate
- Magnesium Citrate– constipation relief and regularity. Natural Calm or Garden of Life Relax and Restore
- Liver Support– Thorne S.A.T. or Milk thistle
- DIM– hormonal balance, estrogen dominance, skin health, PMS, and liver support. Estroblock, Estroblock Pro, and DHT block
- Desiccated Liver– freeze dried grassfed liver for those who cant stomach eating it fresh. Perfect Desiccated Liver or Vital Proteins Liver capsules.
- Cod Liver Oil- for fat soluble vitamins A, D, and K. And an all around nutritional powerhouse. I recommend Rosita Cod Liver Oil for integrity of brand and quality of product.
- B Complex– for stressful periods and supporting adrenals. Garden of Life Raw B Complex (I take these short term during stressful times as opposed to an everyday regimen)
- Grassfed Collagen– gut and skin health. Green Lakes or Vital Proteins
- Protein Powder– I personally use Ancient Nutrition Bone Broth Protein and sing its praises. Vanilla is my favorite but I hear the mocha is pretty phenomenal.
- Berberine– for PCOS, hormonal related acne. Take 3 weeks on 1 week off for max 2-3 months at a time. Thorne Research Berberine 500
- Whole Food Vitamin C– adrenal support, collagen production, and progesterone support. Garden of Life Raw C
FUN TOOLS AND GADGETS
For the kitchen, the gym, the house, and anywhere in between! Here are my favorite healing accessories. This is by no means an exhaustive list of every single tool I use or recommend, just some of my favorite and/or cost effective ones!
- Instant Pot Multi Use 6 in 1: Pressure cooker, Yogurt maker, slow cooker, and so much more. They have the 6 quart either 6 in 1, or 7 in 1. And an 8 quart. I personally have the 8 quart, but definitely could have been fine with the 6 quart. I use this for EVERYTHING. Batch cooking, homemade bone broth, braising meats, soups, and stews. It’s amazing, and can cook like a slow cooker in 1/8th the time.
- Cast Iron Pans: This one and this one are both durable, non toxic cookware so you don’t have to worry about leaching chemicals into the food you’re cooking. I adore mine. Pro Tip: SEASON IT. no matter whether it says its pre seasoned or not, pop some coconut oil on it and bake it upside down at 400 degrees for 1 hour. I didn’t do this for the first few months and everything stuck to it…I now do this once every 6 months or so and don’t have that problem!
- Organic Bamboo Cooking Utensils: so you’re not cooking with any BPA filled plastics. These ones are great and affordable.
- Glass Tupperware for storing food: I HIGHLY recommend switching from plastic to glass as much as you can. Look for glass with BPA free lids. I bought my large set at costco, but these, these, and these, are WH approved!
- Kettlebells for home workouts: there was a good 3 years where I refused to step foot in a gym and wanted nothing to do with group workouts, but still wanted to strength train and workout in the comfort of my own home. I bought a couple kettlebells and never looked back. They are more diverse than dumbells, and can be used for strength AND cardiovascular workouts. I like these coated ones because they won’t scratch up your floors!
- Resistance bands, Large for full body and small for around the ankles or knees. I personally bring a couple to the gym with me every workout and wrap them around my water bottle
- Hydroflask: get those ounces in. And also take comfort knowing it can easily be used as a self defense weapon if need be….I’m all about multitasking, and I find these cooler than pepper sprays.
- Non toxic household products: I like Ms. Meyers and Dr.Bronners. They are affordable and have products for everything your household needs.
NON TOXIC BEAUTY & FEMININE CARE
Most of the makeup, skin care, and personal care products we use are loaded with endocrine disrupting chemicals that have been linked to everything from cancer to neurodegeneration. Here are resources and brands I have tried and loved on my switch to safer beauty.
- CocoKind Skincare (MY ULTIMATE FAVORITE!)
- Vapour Beauty
- RMS Beauty
- W3ll People
- Beauty Counter
- Araza Natural Beauty
- 100% Pure
- Tarte Cosmetics
- Mad Hippie Skincare
- Kate Ryan skincare
- Primal Life Organics
- your kitchen cabinet (this isn’t a company, just a comment that you can use so many things in your kitchen cabinet as skincare: raw honey face masks, coconut oil as a full body moisturizer, etc)
- search The EWG Database to see thousands of products safety ratings. This website is amazing!
- The Lena Cup (use code WHOLLYHEALED to get $5 off your first cup!)
- LOLA tampons
- Natracare tampons & Pads
- Seventh generation tampons and pads
PLACES TO LEARN
There are TONS of brilliant people out there sharing information that I believe are bringing healing for people on multiple fronts. These are the websites, podcasts, and people I trust and follow who provide in-depth information on a whole range of topics. They are reliable, and I trust these resources enough to pass on to those I care about and love. Explore and learn away!
- The Paleo Women Podcast (my favorite!)
- Food Psych
- Rock Your Body Podcast
- Balanced Bites Podcast
- Masterclass with Chris Masterjohn
- Revolution Health Radio
Skyntherapy.com: such anincrediblye comprehensive site for natural skin care and dealing with skin issues the holistic way
Girlsgonestrong.com: my go to resource for all things lifting and fitness related specifically for women